Tuesday, December 9, 2008

and speaking of home

I am going back to Indiana to be with our dear friend Chris (P). His mother unexpectedly passed away. She was amazingly supportive of everything Chris did, and since he and I did quite a few things together, she supported things we did. This is what I was getting at in the previous post. Chris is too good of a friend, and we've been through a lot, too much for me not to be there, no matter what it will cost my GPA this semester.

I got lucky with Dan working for the train line from Philly to NYC and back - free rides - both ways. Then Anastasia is driving from there. Most of my professors are actually having study days the last half of this week, except for German - which of course is the class I'm not doing so well in - so I'm not missing too much. Except I have a lot to do for my Child Observation class - yikes!

It's funny, cause this trip comes at an interesting time. I've been contemplating moving back the last couple of weeks. But things are about to get a lot better here. And I have a good variety of groups I interact with - especially in the more intellectual department - that sort of thing simply does not exist back home. And I NEED that, as much as I need people to bounce creative ideas off of - I've yet to find anything remotely close to the level Jarod and I worked at - I was reminded of this a few times this year - when I went to visit for my birthday and we finished up a lot of his artwork for his senior show. And then again, during our reunion shows. He keeps telling me he's moving here, and every time it's farther into the future. Another reality in another time another place. The reason I had been thinking about it is due to me wanting to be nearer friends and their changes - having kids being one of the biggest things and not getting to be a part of that. For a second I missed my family until I informed them that I am coming home, and remembered why I need my space from them, not just emotionally, but also politically, intellectually, and socially.

Things are about to get better because friends of mine are about to move in. I am so looking forward to living with good people again. it's been a long time. No more shitty roommates!!!! Ever again, I won't do it. Nicole rules and I know Natalie and Alex rule a lot. It's hard to believe they are both moving from warmer climates in the middle of the coldest point in the year.

Things are winding down with the semester and I feel the weight peeling off.
I only have 2 weeks break til I start back up again.

No comments: