Thursday, October 16, 2008

it's like learning a new language

oh man.
impulsivity at it's finest, I re-launched the website (as previously mentioned). It's fun looking back at all that stuff that was so long ago. I forget about some of the reviews some of the releases received. I also have to relearn all the web programming languages, and apparently there are some new ones out there. I do have a lot of things I need to get up there.

and speaking of languages, I'm struggling with German. Well not really, actually.
It's not that hard, it's just I need to dedicate more time.
I don't really like my professor's overall approach, I like aspects, but, eh... I also really dislike the book Hunter uses, a few members of the German Department wrote it themselves, and frankly, it's not very good. I've been picking up other books here and there, and they are far more helpful. Though typically they are a slightly different dialect, so it doesn't really help me in my class. Maybe I should actually focus on school instead of my other studies, artwork, and other writings.

I have officially stepped down as Marketing Director from my job, and am now just general awesome assistant / marketing coordinator. I really hope this allows me to chill out and have more time for breathing, visiting, reading, writing.

I'm also interviewing people to move in. One room available to replace the bartender that was never here. In January the couple is out, and a friend from Miami moves in.
So that leaves one more room to fill in January. Kinda excited about this.

I keep trying to find my footing in relation to establishing foundations of many things. I am impatient, and want to get there. This is applicable to so many endeavors in my life. I want to get into the heart of the subjects, getting into more theoretical aspects. While this is super frustrating I recognize the importance of foundations. At the same time, often times, these foundations are common sense, therefor making me even more impatient, wanting to skip over a lot of important material.

Google Analytics has been providing some interesting returns on visitors from all over the world. it's kinda crazy how specific it gets. I can tell which of my friends are or are not reading this, and how regularly they check in. it goes back to a previous entry where I touched on the thought I had on the internet as the panopticon.

Help is always on the way.

No comments: