Sunday, September 28, 2008

self service

I have (finally) purchased an 8 track cassette recorder. Actually it is the last model that was in production before it all went digital, which is to say, multi-track cassette recorders are no longer being made. It should arrive later this week. I'm finally going to go through a lot of my old tapes; a few of you have seen the box of recorded material I have, and know this will be a task, some of it goes back 15 years. There are some really fun things in that box, some I'm sure I will cringe at and even destroy, I hope to find a few specific things. I'm going to finish the Rebellion's New Idol stuff and get that sent out before the end of the year. And since bringing it up a few weeks ago, I'm anxious to listen to the xcongressofthecrowx tape for the first time since recording it. Also, this will lead to me getting some demos done of some of my newer stuff. I am pretty excited about all of this, hence this post.

Now that my laptop has officially crapped out on me (the logic board is dead), I have a new computer coming later this week. So hopefully I get to some of the video stuff I started work on a few years ago, among other things.

I just got offered a nice scholarship for making the Dean's List. There are a few things I have to figure out, but will pretty much cover all of my expenses and then some.

With that, I leave asking that you continue learning and not just things that have to do with your job(s), or life lessons accidentally learned; please be in pursuit, passionately.

1 comment:

stormgren said...

I'm so stoked! You need to hook up "I wanna fuck." If only for me. I want to hear demos. You can trade for my future stuff with Portland people.