Sunday, April 5, 2009

a general update for friends and such...

I'll be in Bloomington, Indiana for spring break, visiting Jarod again. I'm not sure if we'll be in Bloomington the entire time or not. John (mc) is giving a speech at the Fort Wayne Museum of Art on Sunday and we both want to be there. While away I plan on getting some reading and writing done.
Speaking of writing, I wrote a book! Jarod and I have plans of printing it while I am in Bloomington. More details when they are actually finished. I expect that we might do some other things music and art related, at least we'd like to, we'll see where the days and nights take us.

I've been really missing "the road" these last few days. I think about this a lot. Part of it is due to the inevitable spreading out of all my more accomplished friends (and this accomplishment can be as simple as getting out) and wanting to see them, as well as my leaving the city in which we grew up (no, not home), and also wanting to see those that stayed or returned. I find this interesting, perhaps ironic, as I think above all, my searching keeps bringing me back to a longing for stability - and life on the road by it's very nature, is anything but stable.

I am playing music with another guy here in NYC and we're looking for a drummer and singer.

I've also been playing with the other member of the photo (mark) and the guy who makes my custom pedals (lawrence). we just "jam" (I hate that word) and play A (yes, a single) Dinosaur Jr song, which we should be recording before summer rolls around - I have no idea if this will go beyond this.

neither of these aforementioned bands will be touring, so that doesn't solve the itch. the only other possible solution is for my friends to all be in bands that tour with regular stops in the greater NYC area, and those that are in touring bands, it's been awhile since they've made a stop here.

bday party in Brooklyn on Friday 4/24.

No comments: