Monday, November 3, 2008

I fixed the files for Fragments For Walter Benjamin. I broke it up into 4 parts. I tried to edit it in sections that made sense, but I didn't want to spend that much time on it. I really encourage my friends to watch this.

Two releases for the label are planned.
First is Morrow's first full length. we're doing a limited run on cd and hope that it gets picked up by another label. then I'll press the vinyl.
Second is a tribute record to Dinosaur Jr's You're Living All Over Me. bands include, Morrow, me (haven't decided on the name), Skything, Algernon Cadwallader, Drowning With Our Anchors + more TBA. we have 5 of the 9 songs accounted for. This will not be out until around my birthday. I haven't decided the medium either.

I don't know about my travel plans to visit everyone. I'm going to Hawaii in February for a few days. In May/June I might be going to Japan with a band, more details will be announced and stuff soon. So next year, it might be everyone coming to see me.

Never go into things with high expectations. I should remember this, but I was so stoked on the movie, Let The Right One In - it didn't disappoint, but I wanted more devastation, more loneliness, more alienation. It's still all of these things, just not what I expected.

I keep forgetting to mention that I named the song the Morrow (from Dead Letter Auction's last 5 songs) after the movie Gattaca (which is one of my favorites) - Michael Nyman who did the amazing soundtrack for that movie, also had a song called the Morrow. This was named after Jerome Morrow (Jude Law's character). I would like to think that the band Jerome's Dream was also related to this movie, even though I only like 1/2 of one of their songs (untitled number 2). Jarod named his band Morrow, after the DLA song. So you can see the tracing of an impact. However insignificant you think you are, might have been, it lasts lifetimes, and goes far beyond your immediate understanding. People you'll never even meet, will be influenced by something someone else was influenced by.

Anyway, midterms, up to my neck in work, which I need to get back to.

No comments: