Sunday, November 23, 2008

I ain't missing you at all.

Last night (Saturday, November 22), someone not tied to my past what-so-ever and having no idea of my old nickname, which struck me as semi-out of the blue, called me grandpa. I suppose that it is my fate and it will continue to follow me around. But it really makes me wonder, am I really that old and/or grumpy? I'd like to pretend I earned this nickname through my wisdom, and amazing advice.

Tonight (Sunday, November 23), I went to a show and was spoiled with great company, gifts, free food, free drinks, free admission, and on top of all that, Towers played an amazing set, one of my faves from them.

I don't know where I stand in so many areas of life. right now I'm thinking about a few individuals. With one in particular I have been interacting with a lot and I'm getting really comfortable with having that person around, even if it's just me talking that persons ear off, which leads me to think I'm going to develop stronger feelings, which will lead to disappointment, I already know, but I can see it happening all the same. I'll admit it, it was the same person that called me grandpa on Saturday night. Another person I haven't had any contact with for a long time and that makes me even more bitter than I already was (adding to my grumpy nature, and overall grandpa-ishness). Another individual I had around a lot over summer and I miss a lot more than I expected. There are a few others that I miss a lot. There are two specific people that I am anxious for their arrival.
Can I be any more vague?

I picked up Rob's video footage that he shot of our first reunion show, from the end of August - the audio is not good, the video is great - it made me miss the boys sooooooooo much. we played a lot better than I thought we did. I might be able to fix the audio or something to share it. if nothing else it will add some alternate angles if I ever get Keith's footage.

I'm cold and tired and missing you.

No comments: