Saturday, November 29, 2008

I admit, I'm part slacker, but also, I tend to take on WAY too many self imposed projects, hardly ever finishing any of them. You're more than welcome to give me a little push, or even a full on righteous kick in the ass, I probably need it and even more so, deserve it.

so tonight, I'm going to keep this window open to remind myself to get some things done. maybe like a gentle nudge.

- I started and finished an art piece - http://flickr.com/photos/excabyss/3066767117/ - I dunno what to call them yet, I do know where I'd like to end up, and til then I'll just keep experimenting - roughly once a month or so.

and I stayed up a lot later than I wanted to talking to my sister - we still are talking. and it's been kinda amazing. She rules, so much, THE best sister in the world. I'd fight you over it and you'd lose.

and I also ordered 5 books - 3 Walter Benjamin, Let the Right One In, and The People of Paper.

a few days ago, I posted three videos from the first reunion show DLA played, we didn't get any footage from the other shows. I mentioned I'd try to fix the audio, well I did, and it was really distorted - I hope to get Keith's footage and hope it's a little better and I'll edit something. I really tried to edit Rob's footage, but the audio is really really blown out, and picked up the bass way too much. normally I'd say, there's no such thing, but really, too much. But I really like the footage, well the look of it and so on. And tonight I added Misplaced I think it was from 176. 08/08/03; Ft Wayne @ the Freedom House - which ended up being the last show there, as far as I know/remember. We pulled out an old one for it. I tried to make us play an old one every time we played there - I think I realized how quickly we were approaching an end of an era. - PS I need to talk to damien/craig.
here are the videos - http://www.vimeo.com/user696585/videos

I sold my 8 track today and am planning on buying a different one - sometime soon. I've been trying to work with this one, and I just don't like it, and I can't edit the old stuff, so it's got to go. So hopefully I don't forget everything. I'm working on about 30 songs right now.

one of my new bands is starting tomorrow. we'll see how that goes.

also one of my teachers who is a doctor is really pushing me and a few kids I worked with on starting an organization based on our presentation. it's kind of amazing the degree she believes in us - but there's no way I can do that, right now. I guess we're going to do some things and see how realistic would be.

sorry my posts have been so all over the place, but this is really an accurate picture of my head and life right now. I hope to get more focused and tell some stories and other essays and such.

No comments: