Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Get Hustle

Get Hustle is this band that is still active from Portland. Here are their first releases - almost 10 years old. I don't think they are in print anymore. GSL had talked about releasing them on a CD but, sadly they closed their doors earlier last year.
Their first 2 releases were not as bordering on the free jazz territory their more recent material seems to flirt with.

Get Hustle first lp and 7"
Satan Be Gone is one of my all time favorite songs. There is something really amazingly sexy that is captured in this song. It feels like a throwback to old jazz around the birth of R&B and such. Also I've Got A Gun and I'm Excited is pretty sweet.

I saw Get Hustle and Joan of Arc at the Volcano Room, in Indianapolis in... it had to have been 2000, I can't remember. Amazing live band. Both of them at that time were awesome. it was an odd pairing, but rad.

Ron Avila was in Antioch Arrow, Holy Molar + some other bands that were ok, at least at the time. I'm not sure about the other members, but you know... it matters.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome, Thanks!