Thursday, July 3, 2008

death

While not a new thought (or even theory), apparently Theory has died (again) as well:
http://foucaultblog.wordpress.com/2008/07/01/here-comes-data-the-end-of-theory/
can math really determine every move? I've posed this question before "these steps my math calculated."
Are we truly prepared to not be concerned with causalities, the reasons why, can simple (or even complex) data really satisfy our curiosities and questions?

Also while reading that article this morning, I actually started a family tree on Ancestry.com
should be fun - was this mathematically determined?

If Theory is dead, is mystery dead? Is chance dead? Is anything truly alive anymore? [outside of those questions]


I took notice of how much of an impact we made on each other. I take comfort in this, while it fills me with an equal sense of bitter loss. "Turning footprints... but we kept quiet" Again, I want originality, some blood, some suffering, I want to see a true expression that I can not only appreciate, understand, and relate to, but one that completely leaves no question that it is all that person's voice, drive, experience, heart and soul. I want to sense the vulnerability everyone tries to hide. One can't recreate my/our pictures/experiences as hard as one may try. not that that was the said "friend"'s true intentions, but it was noted, compared, and made me laugh AT the coincidence. ... every single second...

2 comments:

stormgren said...

http://discovermagazine.com/2008/jul/16-is-the-universe-actually-made-of-math

Damian Hade said...

Thanks Craig!
That's a really great article, and I found some other things on the site that kinda rule too.