Monday, May 5, 2008

Music

After years of not being stoked on new music, I'm relieved to be into something that is new. I'm prematurely stating that music is finally getting good again.

Algernon Cadwallader, it's hard not to mention the obvious Kinsella family influence (Cap N Jazz, Joan of Arc, Owen, Owls, American Football, etc), but these dudes fucking rule at it and OWN it, and in my opinion do it WAY better and without the bullshit pretentiousness.

Morrow, so what if my best friend is the driving force behind this band? It's fucking good. I'm hearing Neil Young, Black Heart Procession, Pleasure Forever, Bruce Springsteen, and unmistakable midwest honesty. I'm excited for their full length to be finished.

Who Calls So Loud, everyone knows I love Matt Bajda and will always support anything any member of Portraits of Past will do (at least in theory). Very tight for such a young band, epic with interesting dynamics, one could argue they are picking up where Funeral Diner left off. The record layout is great and really beautiful, a double 10" that includes a cd.

and let's not forget about the Portraits of Past reunion shows August 1st and 2nd in San Francisco and August 29th and 30th in NYC. I will be posting more info on these in a few months.

I bought a new Music Man amp - 2x12 65, last night and am anxiously awaiting it's arrival (Tuesday 5/13).
Optics will start practice back up very soon.

No comments: