Wednesday, April 30, 2008

4/29/08

-
Tuesday, April 29th, 2008 4:42pm.

Again, back to the loneliness of the crowds - kinda - but also - who is the intended audience? The collectivity of said audience, yet, the individuals within the crowds. How would each specific intended individual receive the message, how much thought would they put in to it; would that person consider the weight behind the intended message. Would the realization and distinctions be made between the difference of the intended and the actualized.


-
not exactly the first time I explored these thoughts. Nonetheless it's troubling me again, and will continue to do so for sometime. Partly, because there's always a specific individual, or group of individuals I have wanted acknowledgment from in many of the things I've put out in whatever various mediums: song, words, visual art, letters, or even gestures, etc.
Oh the weight behind even this question.
AND not even just that, but the lengths some people go through to be self indulgent is rather ridiculous. I recently read an essay on how the internet is very much like the panopticon (look it up), and a lot of us are falling into that trap. I don't completely agree, but it does raise interesting points. Afterall it was recently published that certain agencies use Facebook to monitor people.

-
I've decided not to send out an email concerning my birthday parties and spring break events, partly because I have a lot of work to catch up on. but I wanted to say thank you to everyone involved, that showed up, that went out of their way, spent any money in any shape or form, made any sort of sacrifice, said hi, etc.
I do have to say that Algernon Cadwallader is amazing.

that's me in the red all blurry like.

No comments: