Sunday, June 29, 2008

slight update

June has been an interesting month.
Busy, yet the clock is only right two times a day.
Another realization, I absolutely LOVE taking care of people. I had 15 people at my house recently and I made them dinner and breakfast the following morning, this filled me with the greatest joy, a feeling of completion that I haven't felt in quite some time. The following weekend I had a few less of the same group of people, but felt equally satisfied to make sure everyone was taken care of.
Philly is filled with GREAT people. Thank Dan the train ride is free, now if I can only find the time to get there.
I am getting closer to finishing up some of the projects I posted previously, yet more gets piled on. I am becoming more and more against all forms of digital work, especially design, and refuse to use these programs that so many have been using as a crutch. It all looks exactly the same. I don't need anymore advertisements bombarding an overstimulated mind. Not to say there isn't good work out there done in that medium, but I want some heart and soul, some personality, some direct contact, impurities, - it's the same argument (slightly amended to be applicable) one can hear amongst the old kids about the new generation of music (especially electronic music and digital recording) every couple of years, and I am completely aware of this.
I don't know why this surprises me, but I made the Dean's List at school, however, I was not notified; I found it in very small print in a comment box on a school profile page, I also think this may have given me a small scholarship, but can't be sure. Between my grants, and this possible scholarship, I have to pay less than $300 out of $2000 for next semester, and every time I check it is a little less. I was accepted into a German program, but somehow it doesn't count towards my degree. I look to resolve this as early as tomorrow.
Also, I've started a new job, which I actually am really into, even if it requires way too much of my time, at least what I've grown used to giving. Everyone I work with is funny, caring, and just as fucked up as I am, in some respect or another.
there's more, to be sure...

No comments: